AeroGarden Mod

I'm a long time fan of the AeroGarden.  I have two right now and have had great success with all of the different AeroGarden seed kits I have tried.  But, as I've expanded my gardening skills I decided it was time to branch out from the standard methods and grow my own seeds.  There is already one way to do this, purchase the AeroGarden Master Gardener Kit.  But I'm young and foolhardy so I decided to come up with my own method that doesn't require buying much of anything!

I'm currently experimenting with two methods.  One is stuffing grow medium (in this case cotton) in an old grow pod, placing seeds on top and then putting it one of the holes as usual.

The second method I'm experimenting with is supporting the grow medium with seeds on top with two twist ties.  It is important to ensure that the supports allow the grow medium to reach the water yet won't collapse when the medium become waterlogged.  Now just add hydroponic nutrient according to the package directions and water amount. 


I planted spinach in the three front holes and a bush variety of snap beans in the back four. 

Now we play the waiting game.

0 comments:

Post a Comment